Here are some of the highlights from Arctic Cat’s most recent earnings call. They focus on the side-by-side part of the business. Their fiscal year ends March 31.
- ATV sales (includes ATVs and side-by-sides) increased 28% to $69.6 million from $54.4 million for the quarter compared to last year driven by strong Wildcat side-by-side sales. ATV sales increased 40% year to date to $212.2 million from $151.1.
- North American side-by-side retail sales increased over 35% for the quarter and year-to-date retail sales increased over 50% driven by both our Wildcat Sports side-by-side and Prowler HDX utility vehicle.
- Recently announced a new 4-seat Wildcat 1000 model and a new high performance 90-plus horsepower Wildcat model. Both of these will begin shipping in the fiscal fourth quarter.
- Expect the ATV and side-by-side business to grow sales 36% to 41% for the full year driven by shipments of the Wildcat side-by-side models.
- “Extremely positive” feedback received from dealers on the new Wildcat models. Extra horsepower is good for dune riding.
- Demo rides for media and customers went “extremely well” for Wildcat X and Wildcat 4
- Side-by-side market as a whole is up and estimated 10% and 20% for the year.
- On option and accessory spending: Maybe spend $300 or $400 on Prowler or but “…you’re seeing customers that will come in and spend over $1000 and $1500 putting on roof, windshield, things of that nature on a Wildcat.“
- The 64.5-inch width of the Wildcat makes it more suitable for out west on dunes and more wide open trails rather than narrower ATV trails in the east.