Arctic Cat introduced their new 50-inch wide Wildcat Trail and Trail XT UTVs. The models are designed for narrower trails and feature a new Arctic Cat-designed 700 inline twin with EFI, 4 valves per cylinder and liquid cooling. The 700cc 60-plus horsepower engine was designed specifically for the Wildcat Trail chassis. Other key features of the vehicle include:
- 10 Inches of ground clearance 10.5 Inches of rear suspension travel
- The Wildcat Trail and Trail XT models get double a-arms front and rear sporting top quality FOX nitrogen charged shocks all the way around.2-Inch receiver
- Digital gauge with14 indicators: clock/hour meter, fuel level, mode button, set/reset button, odometer/trip, gear position, speedometer/tachometer, needle display, differential lock, high beam, temperature and oil pressure.
- Color-matched bucket seats
- Passenger handholds
- Selectable on-the-fly 2WD/4WD with locking front differential
- TEAM® Rapid Response Clutch
- 12” rims with 4-ply, Carlisle Trail Pro tires, designed exclusively for the Wildcat Trail.
- 300 lb rear cargo box capacity
The base model has an MSRP of $10,999.
Comment: These vehicles will give riders access to some of the ATV trails, particularly in the East and other regions with trail networks in forests that have historically been too narrow for side-by-sides. In some areas these trails have numerous gates that make it impossible for wider side-by-sides to use the trails. In certain parts of the country this will likely further erode the ATV market which has seen consumers swap UTVs for ATVs over the last several years. Designed to compete against the Polaris RZR 800, it will be interesting to see the competition between these companies and others plays out in this segment of narrow width UTVs.