Exmark, a manufacturer of commercial mowers and lawn care equipment, recently announced the addition of two gas-powered utility vehicles to their product line, the Exmark 500S and 700S. Both vehicles feature electronic fuel injection for their 4-stroke SOHC engines. Exmark is a Toro owned brand and the new utility vehicles appear to be the same new utility vehicles offered under the Toro brand. Additional vehicle features include:
- Automatic CVT
- Dynamic engine braking
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- 2WD/4WD selection
- Tilting rear cargo box convertible to a flatbed
- Cargo box capacity of 600 lb. for the 500S and 1,000 lb. for the 700S
- Fully independent suspension with dual A-arms front and rear
- 10 inches of ground clearance and 10 inches of front and rear suspension travel
- Standard brush guard an adjustable CAM-style shocks
- Integrated front and rear two-inch receivers
The vehicles will be available March 2015.
Learn more: Agprofessional.com
Comment: SVR believes Arctic Cat is producing these utility vehicles for both Toro and Exmark. It’s an example of the different methods companies are using to expand their distribution channels in the UTV market. Arctic Cat can reach the work UTV segment by manufacturing for Toro and Exmark while those companies can concentrate on their strengths, developing lawn care equipment, but still have a presence in the growing UTV market. In addition these vehicles offer more recreational crossover appeal then the traditional work vehicles Toro has and continues to offer. By selling under the Exmark brand as well, Toro further expands their UTV distribution.