Club Car has won a national contract from U.S. Communities for utility, transportation and golf vehicles and related accessories, equipment, parts and services. U.S. Communities is the leading national government purchasing cooperative, providing government procurement resources and solutions to local and state government agencies, school districts (K-12), higher education institutes, and nonprofits looking for the best overall supplier government pricing. More than 55,000 registered agencies, education institutions and nonprofits utilize U.S. Communities contracts to procure
The lead agency on the bid solicitation for the contract was the City of Kansas City, MO. This is the first time the organization has awarded a contract in this category and it is for three years with two one year renewal options. Vehicles covered in the contract include:
- Carryall® utility vehicles. (4x2s and automatic 4x4s and two- and four-passenger models.)
- Carryall® LSVs. Street-legal on roads with speed limits of 35 mph or less in most states.
- Transporter™ transport vehicles. (Four- to eight-passenger.)
- Villager™ transport vehicles. (Four- to eight-passenger.)
- Precedent® golf cars.
- Café Express hospitality vehicles.
- Service parts factory direct.
Comment: This is a nice contract to win. It effectively shuts out the competition when the member agencies want to purchase these types of vehicles. They don’t have to put out request for proposals (RFP) and obtain quotes from multiple vendors. By avoiding the RFP process, purchasing through this contract makes the process faster for both the buyer and seller.