Yamaha Launches UMAX Rally 2+2 at PGA Show
Using the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show as a launch pad, Yamaha Golf-Car Company unveiled their new light utility vehicle, the UMAX Rally 2+2. Aiming for a broad swath of the market, the company is marketing the vehicle as crossover model for work or play. The vehicle’s “rugged” styling is less golf car and more closely aligned with the rest of the UMAX line. The UMAX Rally 2+2 features a lifted suspension, front brush guard, wide fender flares and a convertible rear seat. In addition, customers can choose between a electronic fuel injected gas engine or AC electric powertrain.
UMAX Rally 2+2 Features & Specs
Additional features and specs include:
- Powertrain Options: Yamaha 402cc, single cylinder EFI gas engine or 48V, 6.7 hp AC electric motor with 350 amp controller
- Rear coil suspension system with individual coil springs with dual compressions for standard or heavier loads
- Front bucket seats
- Basket storage area behind the front seats
- Sealed under-hood storage compartment
- In-dash storage pockets with anti-slip rubber mats
- LED headlights
- HybriCore steel chassis
- Tru-Trak II fully independent automotive-style strut front suspension
- Mechanical drum front and rear brakes
- 23″ tires
- 15 mph top speed
This model will be available at authorized Yamaha dealers in Spring 2019.
Similar to many other UTV manufacturers, Yamaha is building out their utility vehicle line to drive sales growth. Marketed as a ‘work or play’ vehicle, this model is also trying to tap into the growing PTV market. The UMAX product line now includes four different models with most offering an option of gas or electric powertrains. Essentially, the UMAX Rally 2+2 adds a crew version to the lineup. The product line is versatile and can appeal to a wide range of commercial and consumer end users. The line offers varying levels of cargo and passenger capacity as well as light off-road capabilities.